Happy Thanksgiving, Elkridge!
A sunny day is in store, according to the National Weather Service, which forecast a high of 56 degrees and a low of 36 in Elkridge today.
Don't plan on walking off the stuffing at Rockburn Park this afternoon, though; due to the holiday, county parks, offices, libraries, the animal shelter and landfill are closed and will reopen on Friday.
There will be no trash or recycling pick-up today. If you were scheduled for these services on Thursday, put your goods out tomorrow instead. See the county’s “slide schedule” for details.
Sidestepping the kitchen? You’re not alone—approximately 14 million Americans will go to a restaurant for their Thanksgiving meal this year, according to the National Restaurant Association.
Here’s where to find a sit-down meal in Elkridge outside your house:
- Daniels Restaurant and Bar; open 8 a.m. to midnight.
- Mimi’s Cafe; open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Elkridge Furnace Inn; open 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Did we miss any? Tell us in the comments!
Whether it's pie or paper towels you need, these stores are open today too:
- Giant; open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Green Valley Marketplace; open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Food Lion; open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
We at Elkridge Patch wish you a happy and safe holiday. If we can show our appreciation for your readership by making the site better, please let us know—take our survey.