It’s time for residents in one Maryland city to eat less and exercise more after their hometowns was ranked among the most obese cities in the United States.
The highest obesity rate can be found in Huntington, W. Va., according to the research, which Gallup and Healthways released last week.
The least obese city is Boulder, Colo., with an obesity rate of 12.4 percent, according to the research. Boulder has had the lowest obesity rate nearly every year since the ranking began in 2008.
Here’s the list of the most obese U.S. cities and their obesity rates:
- Huntington, W.Va. (39.5 percent)
- McAllen, Texas (38.3 percent)
- Hagerstown, Md. (36.7 percent)
- Yakima, Wash. (35.7 percent)
- Little Rock, Ark. (35.1 percent)
- Charleston, W. Va. (34.6 percent)
- Toledo, Ohio (34.2 percent)
- Clarksville, Tenn. (33.8 percent)
- Jackson, Miss. (33.8 percent)
- Green Bay, Wis. (33 percent)
- Rockford, Ill. (33.0 percent)