Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in your area this weekend. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
To submit an event in the Elkridge Patch events calendar, click on “Events” at the top of the page and then click on the green "Add an event" button on the right side of the page.
Youth Dance in Elkridge
- Where: Elkridge Volunteer Fire Departments, Fire Hall, 6275 Old Washington Rd, Elkridge
- When: Saturday, Jan. 19, 7 pm
- Description: The event includes door prizes and food. Sign-in begins at 6:30 p.m. Only 200 tickets will be sold.
- Cost: $10
Romantic January 2013 Dinner Dance
- Where: Peralynna Manor At Rosehill, 10605 State Route 108, Columbia
- When: Friday, Jan. 18, 7 p.m.
- Description: Romantic dance including food and music.
- Cost: $40
Lil' Acorns Winter Wonder Program
- Where: Robinson Nature Center, 6692 Cedar Ln, Columbia
- When: Saturday, Jan. 19, 10:30 a.m.
- Description: Parents are invited to bring their little ones to learn about winter through song, sensory activities, a puppet show and a short walk through the woods.
- Cost: $7
Bluegrass at One World Coffeehouse
- Where: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Columbia, 7246 Cradlerock Way, Columbia
- When: Saturday, Jan. 19, 7 p.m.
- Description: Family friendly bluegrass music.
- Cost: $12
Encore at Turf Valley Open House
- Where: Encore At Turf Valley, 11150 Resort Road, Ellicott City
- When: Saturday, Jan. 19, 11 a.m.
- Description: Turf Valley Senior Living facility offers and open house for visitors to see the senior living community and nursing facility.
- Cost: Free
Tea on the Tiber
- Where: 8081 Main St, Ellicott City
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 – Sunday, Jan. 20, 12 -3 p.m.
- Description: Visitors are invited to partake in a traditional English tea.
- Cost: $25
- Where: Throughout Howard County
- When: Daily; now through Jan. 28.
- Description: Howard County Restaurant Weeks feature a global theme, with participating restaurants offering fixed-price menus ranging from $10.13-$40.13. See the Howard County Restaurant Weeks website for participating restaurants.
- Cost: $10-40