Each year, Patch editors on Thanksgiving share their favorite things about the community they cover. This year, I have the following list of my favorite things about Elkridge and Elkridge Patch. Want to share your favorite things about Elkridge? Tell us in comments!
1) I’m grateful for the community of users on Elkridge Patch—and I’m especially thankful for the site’s bloggers. For a flavor of the type of posts our users contribute, check out the Elkridgean Cyclist, who recently posted thoughts on suburbia, cycling and the environment. (To become a blogger yourself on Elkridge Patch, click here, and then click on the “Post on Patch” button.)
2) Any Patch editor will tell you: They love a place with coffee, breakfast food and free WiFi. On occasion, you can find me at Mimi’s Café in Elkridge, enjoying all the above and the variety of muffin options they offer.
3) On the subject of food, I’m very grateful for the R & R Taqueria in Jessup. What it lacks in ambience, it makes up for with real authentic, flavorful and CRISPY Mexican food. R & R Taqueria (7894 Washington Blvd.) was recently one of five places in the nation featured in the Wall Street Journal article "Gas Station Taquerias, a New Food Trend."
4) I’m thankful there is a gingerbread decorating contest in Elkridge! This year, it will be Dec. 15 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Elkridge Fire Hall, 6275, Old Washington Road in Elkridge.
5) Finally, I’m thankful for the Elkridge community at large. I love how Elkridge readers care passionately about community issues and are willing to weigh in – whether it be about school redistricting, community development issues or Halloween.