Chimney Fire Breaks Out in North Caldwell

North Caldwell Fire Department responds to fire on Oak Place.

A fire that broke out in a chimney of a North Caldwell home Saturday night was quickly extinguished and did not spread, according to fire officials.

The North Caldwell Fire Department arrived to find 27 Oak Place shortly after 8 p.m. filled with heavy smoke and smoke detectors blaring, Chief John D’Ascensio stated in a release.

Firefighters put out the fire in the fire box and removed the burnt logs, the chief stated.

The residents were allowed to return to the house after the smoke was cleared.

Chief D’Ascensio commended the homeowners for calling 9-1-1 and not trying to handle the fire themselves.

“It is strongly suggested by NFPA (National Fire Prevention Association) that you have your chimney cleaned yearly and remember to always have working smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in the home,” the chief stated.

Correction: The story originally said the fire broke out on Sunday.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »