Two vehicle-related fatalities, two house fires and a bank robbery were among the incidents police and fire officials responded to this week in greater Elkridge. The fatalities occurred in Jessup and Laurel involving a motorcyclist and pedestrian, respectively. The fires were in Elkridge and Ellicott City. And police charged a Hanover man in the robbery of a bank in Woodbine.
Thursday, March 3
- A blue Honda Accord with Georgia plates was reported stolen at 5:15 p.m. from the 6700 block of Old Waterloo Road in Elkridge.
- Two people were transported to University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center after a . The incident occurred around 11:45 a.m.
Wednesday, March 2
- Officials responded to reports of a brush fire off Mission Road in Jessup at approximately 2:45 p.m.
Tuesday, March 1
- in Elkridge at approximately 6:50 p.m. Within 10 minutes, firefighters had put out the blaze. The man who had been living in the two-story home, located adjacent to the , escaped without injury.
- Pennsylvania resident Stacy Summers, 38, died after his in the parking lot of Frank’s Seafood (7901 Oceano Ave.) in Jessup at approximately 2 p.m.
- Hanover resident Dallas Kenneth Jacobs was . Police said the robbery was reported at 10:55 a.m.
- Tools were stolen from Mayer Brothers Inc. (6264 Race Rd.) in Hanover. Locks were cut to facilitate the burglary, which was reported at 7 a.m., according to police.
Monday, Feb. 28
- . The blaze, which occurred on the 10500 block of Old Ellicott Circle, was reported at approximately 12:45 p.m., said officials.
- Nothing was reported stolen following a break-in at Fuentes Brothers Motors on the 6200 block of Washington Boulevard in Elkridge. The suspect or suspects entered through an open window, kicked in a door on the inside and then ransacked the office. The break-in was reported at 3:45 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 28, according to police.
Sunday, Feb. 27
- Robert Leo Gore, 50, of Laurel, , said police. The incident occurred near Whiskey Bottom Road at approximately 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 26
- The on the Washington Boulevard exit ramp of the Beltway around 2 p.m.